Sunday, November 25, 2007

Ork Posters



Here's a great gift to give during the holiday season or maybe just something to have hanging on your bare walls. It does come very handy when you're not so familiar with all the different neighborhoods in Chicago. When moving here last year (I can't believe it's almost been a year since I have...) I was overwhelmed by the number of different neighborhoods here. People would tell me where they lived, Wicker Park, Bucktown, Oak Park, Linkin Park...etc. they all meshed together and I just stared blankly at them, pretending I knew exactly where that was as to not seem ignorant of my surroundings. All I knew was that I was in Chicago and what was the city and what was a suburb. But here to my rescue is this great friendly neighborhood poster that I can finally get a grasp of where everything lies.

This is typographic map project Jenny Beorkrem, my co-worker has been working on. Quite genius as she is getting quite the publicity now for it! Good work Jenny. These posters are a steal, only priced at $22 (w/o shipping or tax for IL residents). She also has a few more other cities (Brooklyn, Manhattan, San Francisco, Boston, and more to come) she's been working on that you can purchase too if interested.

Please check them out at: http://orkposters.com/

1 comment:

Ken said...

oh sweetness. i love good design, and i love maps.