Monday, July 21, 2008

OMG!!! WHAT IS THAT???



As I was heading back home tonight I walked past this animal on the fence in front of our building. It scared me because I saw it out of the corner of my eye and i was pretty close to it. I first thought, dog, squirrel, and then when I actually looked at it I thought maybe possum of some sort. But then I remembered my boss telling me that city rats are the size of cats!!! I've never seen one before and thought OMG, this might just be it!!! It was so gross and scary looking with it mouth hanging open. I quickly grabbed my camera to take a shot of it and then bolted for it, for fear it was gonna run after me, bite me and infect me rabies! The thing is, it was so still it wasn't bothered by me at all, in fact it didn't even move after I took the picture and bolted, it just sat there.

Ok, just did a little googling on what possums look like and I found a pic that looked like this one. But still, ewwwww. I still have no doubt this guy would have pounced at me and eaten me, he looked hungry!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh that would be a burro nocturnus pseudorattus. They are commonly found lurking in the night on fences in people's yards waiting for an unknowing passerby to stop and stare at them. At which point they will engage in a staring contest and see who can maintain the stare the longest. It is a contest among all burro nocturnus pseudorattus to remain as still as possible for as long as they can. They have years of experience and can outlast any passerby except for one who has the world record for beating a burro nocturnus pseudorattus at their own staring contest. They called him "wide-eye Jim." He had a unique condition that no one else had and that was the inability to blink. This puzzled the burro nocturnus pseudorattus as it grew tired of the game and forfeited. It has regretted this decision to this day. In fact, the one you captured with your camera is the very same burro nocturnus pseudorattus that lost to "wide-eye Jim." As records of past encounters with other people have indicated, this burro nocturnus pseudorattus does not move long after the person is out of sight. Amazingly, you are the first person to have documented this well-known burro nocturnus pseudorattus among his peers as the only one who has lost to a human. Good work! You will be forever known in history as the famous photographer who captured THE burro nocturnus pseudorattus that was defeated by "wide-eye Jim." You should be very proud!

Suckapants said...

hahaa I like your story!!!!