Sunday, March 02, 2008

Dead End

Lately, I've been feeling like I'm at a dead end. Is this an early quarter-life crisis??? I'm not sure. After college and finding a job there isn't much expected of you...besides getting married and having kids. But what else is there? I mean is that it? I think I just feel lost at what to do next.

I'm lacking motivation and inspiration to do something that will fulfill my life. I'm searching for a meaning, a purpose...happiness. I feel stuck, stagnant, and bored. I need a life worth living! I'm merely just existing.

4 comments:

Ray said...

Have kids!! Then your sole purpose will be to ensure your kids do well. You'll never have to worry about a meaning or purpose to life since you'll be too pre-occupied raising kids!

Anonymous said...

There is more to life than just raising kids! They’ll eventually grow up and leave the nest.

With or without goals, I've learned that life must be enjoyed. Do things that you like to do, buy stuff that you like, hang out with friends, etc.

After finding a job, getting married, and becoming a dad, I've come full circle and renewed one of my old hobbies – table tennis, and I can't tell you how much I’m enjoying it. Too bad I can't get Sherry to pick it up :-( Go enjoy life!

Anonymous said...

how about focusing on your career and get a hobby. Learn something that you always want to learn but something always got in the way. There're much more to life!! Soon or later, you'll be so busy you'll look back at this moment and be jealous of this freedom. -joanne

Lady Chang said...

I totally agree with all the above. And most of all, just live life to the fullest because you'll never know when you can have that kind of freedom again.

Go out and have fun. Date around while you can. :) And when you find that someone special, have a kid. It's perfect.